We got some great news yesterday on new scores for our wines from our second vineyard, Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard! JamesSuckling.com awarded us the following:
“Barnwood is definitely a find for me, making excellent reds and whites.”
“These people know how to make wine.”
2009 Barnwood GSM Blend-93 Points
“This is wonderful with precise and focused character of dried strawberries, spices and minerals with hints of fresh flowers. Full yet balanced and refined with a long finish. Drink now or hold. Made with 56% Grenache, 29% Syrah and 15% Mourvedre.”
2009 Barnwood Roussanne-91 Points
“Lots of subtle tropical fruit with mango and papaya character on the nose and palate. Full and very flavorful. Long and creamy. Drink now.”
2009 Barnwood Grenache Blanc-90 Points
“Fascinating white with dried apple and pineapple character with a violet character. Full and fruity, with bright acidity and a clean finish. These people know how to make wine. Drink now.”
2009 NADIA White-90 Points
“This is a fascinating white and reminds me of an outstanding white Chateauneuf du Pape. It’s full body, with chalky, pear, lemon and mineral character. Fresh and fruity. Made from 53% Viognier, 33% Grenache Blanc and 14% Roussanne. Drink now.”
Also, all of the following wines that were also in James Suckling’s Santa Barbara County Tasting Report are made with fruit from Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard:
2007 Barrel 27 Syrah Head Honcho-93 Points
2008 Sans Liege The Prophetess-92 Points
2007 C3 Tempranillo Reserve-91 Points
2007 Core Hard Core-91 Points
2009 Herman Story Syrah Nuts and Bolts-91 Points (comprised of Laetitia fruit as well)
2007 Turchi Cabernet Sauvignon Block D-91 Points
2009 Groundwork Grenache-90 Points
2009 Herman Story Grenache On the Road-90 Points
2009 McPrice Myers Atlas Vinas-90 Points
2008 Sans Liege Mourvedre The Adversary-90 Points
We are honored to receive these scores and congratulate the winemakers behind all of the other named wines.
Check out the report here: http://www.jamessuckling.com/tasting-report-santa-barbara-county.html
- fap turbo on Merely a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great patt...
- Marguerite Floan on I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep ...
- drip feed on Great post, I believe people should acquire a lot from this web blog i...
- captcha bypass on I'm really inspired along with your writing skills as neatly as with t...
- visit website on I think you should submit your blog to a blog ranking site, you produc...
- marketing of consultancy services on Awesome post, Love it. Keep it up. I appreciate it....
- AKO Webmail on Hey, thanks for sharing I always look forward to reading your posts on...
- Eddie Write on Good stuff!...